Thursday, June 24, 2010

Start of summer vacation.

School is over so my 3D printer project has advanced rapidly. I soldered together a stepper motor driver on a protoshield that I etched.
I have been collecting printer parts for about three years so I was able to get a lot done on the 3D printer with all my parts.

Here are some of the pictures:




The large metal object is a jack/lift of some sort that I am using as a base to build the printer with. The lift part I am using for the Y axis.










I hacked parts from a scanner into a Z axis. I hacked another scanner for the X axis on top of the Y axis table.














So far the X axis and Z axis work although the Z axis is painfully slow. The motor might be made for higher voltages so I should try running it at 24V and 36V.
The Y axis will need quite a substantial motor and needs to be repaired a bit but I like how it is working out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment